Friday, April 27, 2012

Three Cheers for April!

Hurrah! I want to thank everyone who has dropped by my blog recently. I will have over 500 views this month! Frankly, since I am new to this blogging thing, I have no clue if that is insignificant, or a lot. I just like even numbers.
It seems like after a few months this has become more of a knitting blog, with occasional other things. My audience mostly comes from knitting. The search terms that lead to my blog are interesting. They must be pretty disappointed when they find me : )

On the fractal front, the weekly challenge was an interesting one : ) White background, only two variations, and the gradient had to be one of seven, which were only in black white and shades of grey. I'm going to use the gradients in the future, they are velvety and delightful.





I love how what looks really dark on the white is in fact bright on the black.

On the knitting front, I have a back!

Well, part of a back. Featherweight is a go. The top picture shows the delightful tonal nature of the yarn. Hopefully I can cruise some more on stockinette knitting. Since I joined for the arms yesterday, I need 8 1/2 more inches past he arm pit if I follow the pattern.

It appears it will fit perfectly after I get it washed and blocked. The only question is if I start the sleeves early, mostly just to know I am using enough yarn.

My next project, whenever that will be, is going to be Hexagons. I might start it in parallel since it is for the current KAL going on in Sock Knitters. I'm running it this time, and it is all about matching a difficult skein of yarn with a pattern that suits it. We have all had times where we screwed up tried to force some yarn to be something it wasn't. Spring Forward comes to mind, you can't see the lace, because the yarn was camouflage colored. Whoopsies.

So I am breaking out my Klapperstorch, since I was intending to make the dear sweet lovable one socks, but he wants to make sure they will fit him. He likes the look of them, but once bit twice shy. Whatever. Unusually constructed socks are not guaranteed to fit on his feet. I think the bright orange yarn will look great for him. He might have unwittingly pushed back the arrival of his socks a few months though.

Once the sweater is done I am starting my silk laminaria. It has been in waiting for months. It is my choice, and it will happen, and it will be amazing.

That's all for now, take care guys
Molly : )

No comments:

Post a Comment