Thursday, April 4, 2013

Progress on all Fronts

Hi everyone!

I am excited about a couple of things coming up in the next few weeks.

1.) I am starting an internship in Albuquerque. I might even learn how to spell that name.

2.) I am making samples to take with me, hopefully before I leave.

3.) I am participating in the 4th Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week

4.) I have a nearly finished tutorial on how to ease a sleeve in a sweater.

So between now and mid-May there is a ton that needs to happen. I am not sure how this will affect my blogging habits. It might mean I write posts in advance.

Evenstar is slowly moving forward. I am at 21 border repeats, so more than 1/3 of the way there.















My pictures today do the shawl a great injustice.It is opening up beautifully from it's formerly 24 in circumference to whatever size it is going to be when it is done.

I am still trucking on the Indefinite Stripes Cowl. I forgot to take a picture after I sewed the ends together. I am knitting a simple k1p1 border to use up the remaining natural/earthy colored yarn.

To fight the boredom, I am reading a book at the same time. Since there are so many stitches it is making it look stripey since the color repeats are about as long as the circle.

I hope the border will really highlight the fact that this is a single sided object.

I had 37 grams left over, and I am going to knit until it is all gone. I have been checking how much I use per row, so when I am down to 6 grams I will bind off and call this puppy over. This is supposed to be for the Knit Girllls long cowl KAL. I think it ended already. Whatever, this will be perfect for next winter.

I started a new project while I was waiting for some needles to borrow for the cowl.

The leg quite possibly flew off my needles Monday. The pattern is Cranberry Biscotti, and it is a 3 color slipped stitch stripe. I am using Squoosh for the main color, and Lorna's Laces for the contrast colors. It all just glomped into this fetching combination of blues, purples, yellows and greens.


 




















I am really enjoying my scrap sock quest. I had pulled these colors out last month because I thought they might go together. It has been interesting to see how the combination is so much different than the sum.

Department of Stashquistions:

This week I bought some fiber to continue my quest to grok spinning. I had been looking at Gnomespun for some time, so I finally just bit the bullet and bought fiber. I got 8oz of combed Shetland top in the sapphire surprise colorway. It arrived in a bulging soft mailer. I can't believe he managed to cram that much fiber into that small of a space. I probably won't start spinning for a few days, since it is slowing down my evenstar progress. I just want to practice spinning thinner and get enough yardage for a proper project.

I think that is all for now. Take care guys!

Molly : )

No comments:

Post a Comment